Friday, September 28, 2007

La Magie

Did the famed French mime Marcel Marceau really just die? I literally could have sworn on my life that he died several years ago. I specifically remember declining tickets to go see him when I was at Interlochen, and then regretting this several years later saying, "Now I'll never get to go see him! He's dead!"
And lo and behold, he's apparently dead again. I guess I can expect to read about it again in another couple years. Maybe he just mimed it the first time.
Or maybe cabin fever is starting to sink in, and I'm just going nuts. A couple days ago, I went to the market at Hotel de Ville to get some fruit. I asked for a box of raspberries and a clementine. "One box of raspberries, and one clementine!" the vendor repeated. I saw him put *one* box into a bag and hand it to me along with my clementine.
When I got up to my room, I opened the bag. There were now two boxes of raspberries. Where was the clementine that was just in my hand? Nowhere to be found. I like magic, but I don't want people pulling this David Copperfield bullshit when I'm trying to buy fruit. I really wanted that clementine.

No comments: