Sunday, December 2, 2007

Une Tele

I finally bit my lip, mustered up all of my courage, and went out to buy a TV yesterday.
I left at 4PM and got back around 8:15 PM.
This was the most epic journey of my life. I had triumphs and failures, did battle with knaves and enchanters, succoured French maidens, and almost got hit by a car in the suburbs.
Is it really that difficult to find a normal, non-flat screen, non-plasma, cheap TV? I feel like they're a dime a dozen in America.
As usual, this involved a 45 minute metro ride out to the suburbs to a French mall with the only remaining electronics store that sells cheap TVs.
I have seldom felt less comfortable than I did in the French mall. For you ATLiens, imagine North Dekalb Mall back when it was called "Market Square" circa 1991. Now fill it with hundreds upon hundreds of people. Now imagine everything is in French. (shudder).
Either way, I now have a TV, and I guess having Sarkozy in the room is better than no company...right?

2 comments:

College Knowledge said...

I posted for your help on our blog so if you can help me out Adam that'd be great!!!

College Knowledge said...

Oh and how big is the tv? and how much did it run for in that creepy mall