Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Plus de Copine

Well, that's it. Despite my recent, half-hearted attempts to seduce my ex-girlfriend away from her current, French boyfriend, she has informed me that she has no interest in ending her current relationship. It's funny, because I also don't especially want to be back with her--after all, for the first time, I am now a single, swingin' bachelor in Paris with a cute little accent. Maybe I'm just bored, or getting sick of sitting home alone and drinking Gazpacho straight from the bottle (what I actually do with shocking frequency in my apartment).
She informed me that if at some point next year we're ever both single, she might be interested in trying to restart things. However, I shouldn't wait for her. And I shan't.
So, for the first time I can remember in a very long time, I am actually looking for a date. I even signed up for the French dating site "Meetic"--a site which is free for women but costs men 20 euros a month if they want to read any of the messages that women send them or communicate with anybody on the site. Since I'm nowhere near desperate enough to pay for this kind of thing, seeing that I keep getting new messages in my "meetic" mailbox is really just another negative force in my life.
Any takers for a strapping, 23-year old lad who plays piano? Just kidding.
But not really.

1 comment:

MGE said...

when's eurythmics?