Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bummer

Okay, so my life has had some bummers in it lately, but I'm learning to "look on the bright side" and see the good in everyone.

The Bad: I vacummed my apartment last night with my new "Euro Deutches Ultra PowerVac 9000 Ja! Ja!" that would probably be illegal in America. At one point, I opened it and spilled dust everywhere. I spent ten minutes trying to reattach it until, predictably, I grabbed it by the handle and bashed it into the floor repeatedly.
The vacuum is fine, but I done jacked up my right hand.

The Good: Cuts on your knuckles actually look pretty badass. I noticed a girl in my choir looking at them last night with what was probably some form of admiration. I gave her a hard, steely gaze and turned away.

The Bad: I would be astonished if my new job didn't violate a few labor laws in Paris. Friday I worked from 6:30PM to 3:30AM with one fifteen minute break. They have now made a rule that you cannot eat during your breaks.
I subsisted off of onion-flavored chips and those little chocolates that they serve with coffee for about 11 hours (I didn't get home until 5:30).
My trainer left me at the bar alone for a long period of time. I did not have a key to the cash register, nor did I know how to make a "Sex in the Sea." People got angry.

The Good: The people are so nice! And we get pints of home-brewed beer for one euro.

The Bad: I don't know why I thought I could still have an interesting conversation after three pints, two glasses of wine, and a pina colada. I cracked out my "magic trick" for everybody (the 7 of hearts one, if you know me), which is a sure sign that I should be more sober.

The Bad: The girl on the moped (see a few posts ago) did not answer her phone when I called.

The Good: I accidentally kept a pair of her gloves that I used for said moped ride. I'm not actually creepy enough to keep/wear them, but at some point, I hope her hands get real cold...yeah, real cold-like.

The Bad: Schumann's "ABEGG Variations" are a bitch.

The Good: I can play Albeniz' "El Puerto" like a true Spaniard.

The Bad: I have two busted pipes in my bathroom. The plumber informed me he was calling my landlord to complain.

The Good: There is nothing good about busted pipes.

The Bad: I had to turn down an invitation to EuroDisney World.

The Good: I did not have to go to EuroDisney World.

No comments: